21 Thoughts We Had Listening to Halsey for the First Time
In preparation for Halsey’s “Badlands” album release tomorrow, we decided to take a hint from the zillions of people raving about this girl on our social media streams and dive right into the world of Halsey, fully aware that we may never be the same.
You’ve probably seen her on your Tumblr dash, being undeniably cool with her blue hair and her statements about gender equality and grilled cheese.
But beyond the GIFs, she’s a notable musician who made it onto the Alternative charts before she even had a manager. Although we’re probably the last people to jump on this bandwagon, here are 21 thoughts we had listening to her music for the very first time.
1. That voice though! So pretty.
2. WOAH she’s breaking it down
3. PRETTY SOUNDS
4. She’s in love with a ghost wut
5. WHERE’D YOU GO, GHOST?
6. If I couldn’t find a ghost I would let him go man I don’t want any ghosts hanging around me too spooky
7. It’s v pretty and sad and vibey, like if you mixed Lana Del Rey and Carly Rae Jepsen, which is kind of exactly what I need in my life
8. Ooh I like this one it’s ~edgy~
9. She let him climb inside her body? Ew
10. She has the whole “lipstick made from the blood of my enemies, eyeliner so sharp it could stab a man” mentality, but I can’t tell if she’s happy about it?
11. I’ve seen 800 edits of these lyrics of Tumblr
12. Ooh shading for drug use girl drag him
13. YAY COLORS
14. This is like a sadder, edgier version of “Red” by Taylor Swift. I love them both, though. I’m all about colors
15. LIVING FOR THESE LYRICS, THOUGH
16. Everyone’s obsessed with this part and honestly it is just truly fantastic: “You were red and you liked me ’cause I was blue/ You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky/ And you decided purple just wasn’t for you”
17. This song is making me feel emotions oops gotta go
HOLD ME DOWN
18. OMG my ears are smiling at how cool this sounds
19. This makes me want to wear all black and cool sunglasses and set things on fire
20. She’s so cool and honestly her voice is stunning and I one million percent get why everyone loves her
21. She’s just so f*cking cool OMG be my best friend forever
In conclusion: Halsey is bae. WE GET IT.
If you’re a Halsey fan, what songs should we listen to next to fuel our obsession? Tweet us your recommendations! @FakeTeamFangirl
Katie Wingfield is a Co-Founder of TeamFangirl.com. She really wants blue hair now. @Katie_Wingfield